Hey there!

Hello! My Name is Ashonalee (Nellie). The reason I titled this blog "Reaching for the Mother Heart of God" is because there is a special part of Gods heart that he puts into mothers, which is the sweetness, softness, and nuturing part of His heart, and He has given me a large part of that piece of his heart and I want to learn how to use it to best serve Him.

Friday, July 22, 2011

1 year later

First off I just want to say that I cannot believe its been over a year already. I can definitely tell that it has been a year though because I have this deep and overwhelming desire to be in Africa. I seriously have looked at plane tickets. I can't go though because I have a plan!
Many of you out there have been wondering when I am going back to Africa, if I am ever going to go back to Africa, and what I am currently doing right now. The intention of this post is to fill everyone in on all three of these questions.

This is all TENTATIVE though. If God moves me in another direction than from what I put on hear, then I must go. It's extremely difficult to not do what God wants you to do :)

I will start with the easiest question: What am I doing right now...

I am currently studying Early Childhood Education at Lane Community College. It takes about 2 years to obtain an Associates degree. If I wish to teach in Oregon I must have a Masters degree. So I am looking at about 5 years of college. After I finish at Lane I will most likely transfer over to the U of O. This takes me to the next 2 questions:

Am I ever going to go back to Africa/When am I going back to Africa...

I decided to answer theses 2 together because I can use the same answer for both. I would love to go back after I get my degree. I would love to go back the day after I graduate. The whole point in getting my degree is so I can go back and teach there permanently, however with school loans and other expenses I would most likely not be able to go back for at least a year after I graduate. Siiiiiiiiiiiigh :( I definitely plan on going back someday soon, and would even love to take holidays there while Im in school, or maybe even short term outreach groups!

So you all are stuck with me for awhile. I hope this post is helpful to those of you who are wondering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment